Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Truth in advertising

Make me a bicycle, clown!This was a post that was supposed to wait a few months, but has to be pushed up. Some of you more observant readers may have noticed ads appearing on our blog. Some have even commented on them. After talking to the family members who know me well enough to accuse me I found out they were innocent. That means it was someone else. Well I ask you readers if you can't trust a someone posting under the name letsplaytummysticks that you have never met then who can you trust? Only Ron Burgandy can describe my pain, "I am hurt and shocked and offended and. . . and hurt." Well, yes I could use the money to buy nice things like a Fletch jersey.However, we didn't start the blog to make money. For god's sake we aren't good enough writers to deserve any compensation if anything we should be paying you to read us. So when we realized we actually had a few readers and could make some money we had to decide what to do. Stay pure or sell out for a reason.

There are many good reasons to sell out. We didn't want any personal compensation so we had other choices. Give money to WVU hospitals or the Ronald McDonald house. Donate to the Mountaineer Athletic Club. Cash it in and leave it in an envelope in Coach Beilein's mailbox. We decided to go with the most altruistic cause we could think of; a kick-ass party. The promise from us is that any proceeds made from the blog will be given back to the readers in the form of a free tailgate which will be determined later in the year. Details will follow after parking passes are issued and the money is gathered. Right now we are on track for 2 forties of Hurricane and a funpack of Snickers for the Pitt game. So in a sense we are paying you to read us. It worked for us making friends not getting beat up daily in high school.

5 comments:

Option Spread said...

Yes, I will take the blame. Other than for the reasons already enunciated, I have been using the blog as a sandbox in which I am experimenting with ads and refererer... uh, ers so that I can incorporate what I learn here to other more serious side projects.

Rest assured dear readers, we are now 18 cents closer to that 40 oz of Schlitz Malt Liquor we'll be passing around at our tailgate.

Anonymous said...

I always buy what ads tell me to buy. I am a drone. "What is thy bidding my master..."

putonahappyface said...

Good luck with all that...

Brave Sir Robin said...

I will go ahead and commit myself to a certain degree of financial strain for the sake of our blog, our readers, and why not... more pearl jam clips.

Whatever date we decide on, I will personally acquire and supply to the party... drumroll... not a fletch jersey... AN ENTIRE CASE OF NATTY LIGHT.

Yeah thats right- I will bring a case, and may even make it a cold one. I figure the warms stacks aren't good enough for folks who read the Bastards.

Anonymous said...

Then I will buy a Fletch jersey and wear it to the tailgate. Plus with the items you guys said you are bringing I might need to contribute antacids and loads of Aleve.