Monday, May 19, 2008

Ebanks picks WVU

Devin Ebanks, the 11th ranked high school senior and 2nd ranked small forward according to rivals.com, has signed with West Virginia. Bob Huggins now has his first official recruiting class at WVU. Last year Huggins came on board late and cut all ties with previous recruits at Kansas State. His recruiting consisted of convincing John Flowers to stay on board. Ebanks will join Kevin Jones and Roscoe Davis as top 150 players joining WVU next year and guard Darryl Bryant will round out the recruiting class. Interestingly, three of the four recruits come from New York which is an area Pitt has dominated lately. The Big East is going to be loaded next year and it looks like it won't be letting up any time soon.

"He said he expects me to be the Big East rookie of the year,'' Ebanks said. "That's a lot on my shoulders, but I like the expectations.''

Even if Ebanks is good enough to be considered at that level, he will no doubt have some competition. Despite his lofty rankings, he is only the third-highest-rated recruit entering the Big East next season, behind 6-10 forward Greg Monroe of Georgetown (No. 8 on the rivals.com list) and 6-9 forward Samardo Samuels of Louisville (No. 9). Connecticut also has the No. 13 and 14 players on the rivals list (forward Ater Majok and guard Kemba Walker) and Louisville has the No. 18 player (Forward Terrence Jennings).
Players lost for next year are Darris Nichols, Ted Talkington, and Jamie Smalligan. The fourth scholarship opened up when Jacob Green transferred during the season. Returning contributors for next year are Mazulla and Ruoff at the guards, Butler, Cam Thoroughman, Smith, and Flowers at the Forward spots. In addition Joe Alexander could return and Jonnie West will probably get more time if he can get on the Ruoff lifting program.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love a good ole fashioned Big East Rookie Dousche-off. You kids just keep dousching it up while we look for a helmet for coach.

Do we recruit by offering eMBA's now? Do you think Smalligan got one too or not?

Gimme my bucket. My muscle fibers have more chest hair than your muscle fibers. Cry blood and piss straight protein bitches. They all want to be you.

Anonymous said...

I think I was incorrect in my spelling of "douche" earlier.

My muscle fibers block my eyes and prevent me from seeing the screen.

MetRX is so last fall. I use Murderoids5000. They kill your shit and you like it girly man.