Monday, February 19, 2007

Thoughts on Government

Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from a farcical aquatic ceremony.

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you! I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system. Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm being repressed! Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

10 comments:

Option Spread said...

Bloody peasant!

Anonymous said...

well, we did do the nose- and the hat- but she is a witch.

why do witches burn?

cause thier made of wood?

very small rocks? a duck.

letsplaytummysticks said...

Don't like her? What's wrong with her? She's beautiful, she's rich, she's got huge... tracts of land.

Run away.

Option Spread said...

And how do we tell if she's made of wood?
Build a bridge out of her!
But can we not also build a bridge out of stone?

What also floats on water?
Rain? Great gravy!? Churches? Very small rocks? Lead!

letsplaytummysticks said...

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Spank me.

Brave Sir Robin said...

There is a pestolence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.

Did you say shrubberies?

Yes. Shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design and sell shrubberies.

letsplaytummysticks said...

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=2887179

Hope the rates stay the same.

John Radcliff said...

Who are you that is so wise in the ways of science?

Anonymous said...

well, tim, I can see that you're very busy...

Brave Sir Robin said...

Do you mean European swallows or African swallows? You have to know that sort of thing when you're king ya know.