Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Keeping Tabs on Frank Young


Our only semi-potential draftee for this year's NBA draft, Frank Young, recently worked out with the Bulls of Chicago fame whereat he claims to have shot well.

His range of expectations for the upcoming draft vary widely from being a mid to late second round pick to scraping by in the Summer Leagues. At a minimum, he would like to shoot a few West Virginia Lottery commercials.

Apparently, he shot very well at that work out, as less than a month ago, he didn't expect to be drafted at all.

And from that same article, our former head coach, who shall remain nameless, perhaps summed it up the best:
"They care more about how high a guy jumps or how fast he runs. They don't have a measuring device for intangibles," Beilein said. "Frank's proved he has an NBA jump shot, and his basketball IQ is as high as anyone I've ever had. He really
understands the game.

"I think he has a great chance to play in the NBA, but it's difficult for any graduating senior with all the Europeans being drafted."
I know nothing about the NBA draft, so I'm not really qualified to make predictions, but the cynic in me says that Frank's not getting drafted. I hope I'm wrong. And I hope he grows some extra long chin hair.

1 comment:

Brave Sir Robin said...

I am in concurrence with OS on the chin hair. I think the long chin hair should come back with or without the NBA contract.

I think the bastards should grow chin hair too. Long ass chin hair to compliment our courthouse appearances. Oh wait, one of us might already rock the chin warmer. It may have even been named after said bastard. That bastard is on holiday while we others are forced to keep working because we don't get what some would call "vacation days"- tummysticks is a bastard in more ways than one.