Friday, April 13, 2007

New WVU President Announced

I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.Mr. Hat to be named AD. We try to stay out of politics here and believe me this search reeked of politics from all sides. In the end Mike Garrison will be WVU's 22nd President. If you want to cheer or attack the selection feel free to do so in the comments. Garrison will be the second straight president without academic experience for WVU and second straight lawyer. The faculty is not behind him, but then again they gave Hardesty a vote of no confidence and he seemed to be able to sleep at night. Hopefully moving up the academic ladder for all schools (I'm looking at you law school especially) will be a priority. Sports should be fine as Garrison was a MAC member before being named president. We shall see. If he tries to name Mr. Stick to any post we are in real trouble.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you use your political connections to find a job within the university's realm for an alumni twice over who is tired of long commutes and sporadic periods of inactivity. Well, at least tired of the commutes.

I like the big pic you posted here too. It is very long.

Visual aids... a quilt. A depression quilt? No time to sew a quilt.

Ryan, well done. Two minutes forty-two seconds. Additionally, Pam you win ten because she said "awesome" twelve times, and Jim you win five because she mentioned six romantic comedies.

Go buy some watermelons. Seedless?

Creed is eating an apple. I found a potato.

When you land, try to land like an eight year old. These bouncy castles are not designed for adults.

letsplaytummysticks said...

unshun.

Big announcment = big picture.

Dwight says that he actually doesn’t know one single fact about bear attacks.

I thought your name was Pudge.

I was shunned from the age of four until my sixth birthday for not saving the excess oil from a can of tuna.

You always want to keep a sweater or cardigan of some sort in case it gets drafty.

reshun.

chutta said...

I'm hoping my connections to Garrison's administration can now get me a coffee maker in the office... not holding my breath though. I haven't asked for anything but cheap pens since being rejected for a $35 coat rack for the department.