Friday, August 10, 2007

Keep it going

The WVU-Maryland series is taking a two year hiatus after this season and the future of the series seems to be in doubt as well. As a Maryland native that went to WVU, I hope the series is rekindled as it is my favorite game of the year. I can expect a phone call from everyone I know in the week leading up to the game and after the game either I turn my phone off or everyone else does for the rest of the day. Another reason to keep the series going is the easy travel for both groups of fans. The game is almost always a sell-out due to the proximity of the two schools and this year will be no different. UMD has announced the September 13th game as a sell-out. Hopefully the athletic departments from both schools will get together and continue the series after the hiatus as this game has been a measuring stick game for the last decade with the winner usually going on to have a strong season.

No comments: