Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thomas and Lankster Reinstated

WVU has reinstated JT Thomas and Ellis Lankster for the ECU game on Saturday. The two have entered a pretrial diversion program which means they will receive no jail time and have the charges dropped after a certain amount of time if they stay out of trouble. The full details of the agreement have not been released so the amount of time they have to keep their noses clean is not currently known. Both will be in uniform this weekend, but neither will start according to Rich Rodriguez. The two players have issued apologies.


1st from JT Thomas:

“As many of you in this community know, I was involved in an incident that has caused a great deal of disappointment and embarrassment,” Thomas said. “This last month has been very difficult for me and my family, because of action I have brought upon myself. I have brought embarrassment to myself, my family, my teammates, this University and the State of West Virginia.

“For that I apologize from the bottom of my heart to all of those I have affected. I know that actions speak louder than words, and I know that I am going to have to prove myself all over again. Whether in the classroom or on the field, I promise to work hard to regain the trust and credibility from all of those people I have let down. I thank the University and Coach Rodriguez for their understanding and their support.”
From Ellis Lankster:

“I sincerely apologize to West Virginia University, my teammates, coaches and fans for my recent lapse of judgment,” Lankster said. ”I regret my actions and the embarrassment that I have caused to those closest to me. I appreciate the opportunity to return to WVU football and will work hard to demonstrate my commitment to those who have so generously given me the chance to return to the WVU football team.”

In other news all laptops and plasma screens at the Puskar Center have been bolted down.

No comments: